FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Particle solver and debris behaviour.

View previous topic :: View next topic  
SteveSayer

PostPosted: Thu Aug 11, 2011 5:12 pm    Post subject: Particle solver and debris behaviour. Reply with quote

Hello again, I'm looking for some more information about how BlastCode's particle solvers work.

I notice some attributes in the Debris Solver node called 'Particle Force' and 'Particle Damping'. Experimenting with these attributes has allowed me to improve the behaviour of my debris, but I can't find any documentation on these attributes in the manual, so I am working by trial-and-error. Is there any place I can find information on just how these attributes govern debris particle behaviour?

Thanks for any info,

-Steve
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 09, 2011 11:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The node attributes particle force and particle damping are indeed used to help control the particle solver. Depending on the amount of initial debris rotation and velocity, the emitted particles can be affected in odd ways. Adjusting these values should help them out. Experiment.

Because BC relies on maya's particle system, adding maya fields and adjusting attributes on particle system node will also help. Again experiment. Values that work well for one simulation, may not work on others depending on initial conditions.

Also, particles can also be controlled using maya's per particle attributes. This is very useful for removing unwanted jitter when particles come to a rest.

Hope this is helpful.

J
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: