FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

Maya/BC1_5 - exporting debris

View previous topic :: View next topic  
RoyCalypso

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 4:24 pm    Post subject: Maya/BC1_5 - exporting debris Reply with quote

Hi,

in the knowledge base, it says:

Quote:
Record the simulation, and then Keyframe the debris geometry. This will create a new group called PrimaryGroup. This is found under the Layer Debris group. Run the simulation until all debris is visible, and then duplicate the group, without the input graphs. You will now have a new visible group of debris objects without attached animation curves completely independent of blastcode. Then delete the keyframed PrimaryDebris groups found under Debris. This is necessary because of name duplication issues.

But that doesn't seem to work at all. I can record the simulation- ok and the "keyframe" the debris geometry.

Here's where my first questions come in:

- What is meant by "keyframing" my geometry? Am I supposed to bake the animation or just set a simple keyframe?

But no matter what I do, neither works for me. There is no new group created at all, I cannot see anything in the outliner, even if I turn off "DAG nodes only".

If you have any idea, please help!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: