FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

basic question about adding collision objects

View previous topic :: View next topic  
scd

PostPosted: Mon Nov 22, 2010 7:55 pm    Post subject: basic question about adding collision objects Reply with quote

Sorry if this has a straightforward answer, but in the tutorials I looked at I didn't see anything.

So I've set up my blastcode scene, I just have a wall breaking with some secondary breaks, and the secondary break which is a particle system collides with the floor object just fine, but the main rigid body break doesn't collide with the floor at all, it just passes right through. I've checked on the ground plane flag/gravity flag.

So my question is how do I manually add collision objects like a floor or another object? Do they have to be nurbs?

Are there any basic manuals out there?
capital
Site Admin

PostPosted: Tue Nov 23, 2010 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Make sure your primary debris is using the particle system as well. Secondary debris defaults to the particle system.

Particle collision is purely a maya function so if all the geoconnectors are set right, it should work.

There is a user manual in the /docs folder.

Hope this helps.

Jim
Post new topic   Reply to topic    blastcode.com Forum Index -> BlastCode All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: